This is an exciting new post which has been created to oversee robust safeguarding and children missing education procedures (CME) with multi-agency partners. Also to contribute to the reduction of exclusions through direct working with schools and multi-agency partners.
The post holder reports to the Pupil and Schools Services Manager. This is a crucial co-ordination role in managing aspects of the CME and Safeguarding responsibilities.
This post requires:
- Case management related to exclusions, reduced timetables and CME
- Liaison with Head Teachers and other school staff
- Advice to parents, school staff and other professionals working with children and families
- With the Pupil and School Service Manager, ensuring that schools have robust safeguarding arrangements and that schools are kept up to date with current safeguarding issues
Do you have a proven record of successful, creative working with young people, parents, schools and multi-agency teams?
We are looking for someone with experience of working within an educational legislative framework and environment and the ability to interpret statutory regulations
Having knowledge and understanding related to exclusions, attendance, children missing education, safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Effective IT competency, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information to a wide range of audiences.
Informal discussions prior to application are recommended.
Please contact Gill Dunlop, Pupil & Schools Service Manager on 0118 937 4148 / 07713 322 778 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2039 (24 hour answerphone) quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Closing date: 23 September 2018
Shortlisting date: 27 September 2018
Interview date: 4 October 2018