If you’re an Occupational Therapist wanting to work in adult social care then we’d love to hear from you...
We are seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to work in our Adult Social Care Locality Team. You will work alongside Social Workers, Care Co-ordinators and Health Colleagues in a multi-disciplinary team.
Our aim is to help people meet their needs and achieve the outcomes that matter to them in their lives. This will involve the person by supporting them to have choice and control.
You will manage a caseload of individuals requiring functional assessments and identify necessary interventions including reablement, manual handling, equipment and adaptations, to make a real difference in achieving improved outcomes and independent living, to the service user.
How we will support you:
- Comprehensive induction, supervision and support.
- People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate.
- Laptop and mobile supplied.
- 24 days annual leave rising to 29 days after 5 years’ local government service.
- Local government pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- A supportive working environment.
- Clear pathways and opportunities to progress your career.
- A culture of continuous learning.
- Flexible working options once probation passsed.
You will work within the legal framework provided by the statute, guidance, policies and procedures.
You must have:
- A degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy.
- Experience of managing your own workload.
- Experience of working with professionals from other agencies.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- A flexible approach.
- HCPC registration.
- Good IT skills.
For further information about the role please contact Carole Lee, Lead Occupational Therapist 0118 9374712 or Gail Muirhead Assistant Team Manager (OT) on 0118 9373236.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2039 (24 hour answerphone) quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
Closing date: 30 September 2018
Interview date: as and when subject to level of applications