Are you an innovative and delivery focused Contract Manager looking to make a real difference to people who live and work in Brighton & Hove?
Brighton & Hove is a vibrant, digitally innovative and connected city, at the heart of its city region and at the centre of a number of local and regional initiatives with public, private and 3rd sector partners.
The Council is well into a multi-year programme of organisational modernisation, including renewal of core IT platforms and infrastructure, digital innovation and many business change programmes and projects in which IT is a key partner.
Main advert detail
We are seeking a contract manager to manage the purchasing, assets and contracts within IT & Digital (IT&D), in line with procurement guidelines.
Essential experience and competencies required for this role:
- to act a front door for IT&D purchasing requests
- to source purchasing of IT&D requests (software, hardware, services)
- recording of assets in the asset management system
- to work with and manage suppliers on existing contracts
- to review and communicate with teams in relation to budgets
- liaise proactively with stakeholders, suppliers and colleagues in relation to purchasing and contractual matters
- the individual will lead a small team
- provide line management responsibilities for team members
- to liaise with colleagues in similar roles across the Orbis partnership to deliver best value
Grade: NJC SO1/2 Full-time, 37 hours per week
The role will be based in Barts House (BN1 1HG) in central Brighton - although the post holder will be required to travel to various Council offices across Brighton & Lewes. If you feel you are a good fit for this role, we want to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Mark Potter, Head of Contracts & Purchasing, Tel: 07776 481 633, Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 30th September
Interviews are expected to be held: (Week beginning) 8th October
Expected Start Date: 12th November
Interview Venue: Bartholomew Square, Brighton
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BAME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, female or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employees at risk of redundancy) is identified.