Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant – Park Walk Primary School
Required to start as soon as possible.
Job Title: Teaching Assistant – 1:1 SEN Support
School: Park Walk Primary School, in Kensington and Chelsea
Salary: Range A2 Scale 3 - 4 (£21,189 - £24,081 per annum) pro rata
Contract: Part Time – 20 Hours per week (term time only)
Terms of Contract: Conditional to the duration of the Education Health Care Plan of the pupil and/or the child staying at Park Walk. Should either of these conditions change then the post will cease.
Park Walk is a happy and successful one-form entry community primary school. We are located just off the King’s Road in Chelsea, in an attractive and spacious Victorian building. Park Walk is currently recognised as a “Good” school by Ofsted and is on an exciting journey towards achieving our outstanding potential.
We are looking to appoint a teaching assistant to join our hardworking and skilled team. The role will be to support a pupil with physical, social, emotional and educational needs, who has an Education, Health and Care Plan. You will need to be a proactive individual, who wants to support and assist in promoting the learning and personal development for this pupil and have a willingness to assist whole class teaching and learning.
The successful applicant must be:
- an excellent communicator with high standards of English and Maths
- prepared to plan and work independently
- able to use your own initiative
- positive, punctual, reliable and flexible
- someone who enjoys helping children reach their full potential
What we can offer you:
- a high level of support and commitment from our friendly and hardworking leadership team
- a staff that is committed to the children and their development
- children who are eager to learn in our creative and challenging atmosphere
- a vibrant, inclusive and culturally diverse school community
- a commitment to professional development
- a highly supportive Board of Governors
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer. Any offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, satisfactory references and medical check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please telephone the school office on 0207 352 8700 and ask for Alannah Chatir to make an appointment.
Interview date: Thursday 20th September 2018