Salary £22,369 - £24,054 pro rata
Location – Based in Long Ashton and Weston-super-Mare
Hours – various hours available, term time only in Weston-super-Mare
Closing Date – 31.03.2023
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated Early Years Workers to join our team.
Do you want to work in a nursery where Children’s Centre core values are embedded alongside the EYFS? This means we work closely with the child’s family and have effective partnerships with a range of agencies including Family Support Workers, Social Workers and Health Visitors, towards improving the outcomes for our children. Early Birds Nursery in Long Ashton and Little Waves in Weston-super-Mare are both rated as Good by Ofsted, and our dedicated teams continually strive to seek innovative ways to further improve and develop practice. You will need to actively contribute and support high quality care and education to children aged 6 months -4 years attending the nursery, ensuring developmental needs are met, working positively in partnership with parents in a safe and nurturing environment.
The nurseries have excellent outside play areas, which provide a learning environment all year round. This extensive environment not only scaffolds and extends learning through play, but encourages children to take supervised risks, and encourages problem solving.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, friendly and be able to work strongly in a team. We have incredible teams at the nurseries. So, if you are passionate about children’s learning we want to hear from you
The nurseries are local authority run which is committed to professionally developing our staff. Employees have access to council benefits which are:
A competitive salary and generous holiday of up to 24 days a year rising to 29 after 5 years continuous service, plus bank holidays and 1 extra corporate day each year.
· A chance to enrol in an excellent salary pension scheme.
· You will be able to join our NSC advantage+ which will give you access to a range of benefits, discounts and offers. We can contribute to the cost of your professional subscriptions and give you the chance to pay into a health cash plan that can help you manage the cost of dental treatment, eye tests, and new glasses.
· Option to purchase additional two weeks annual leave
· We are committed to flexible working and will consider all requests to help parents, guardians and carers find the right work/life balance and we offer vouchers which help save on childcare costs.
· We have also teamed up with Halfords to run the Cycle 2 Work Cycle Plus scheme which lets you get a bike and essential accessories tax free.
· 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme
All detailed in the link below: Employee benefits | North Somerset Council (n-somerset.gov.uk)
These posts are exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Anticipated interview date: To be advised
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Sarah Dymmock-Morgan (Manager) or Lizzie Armstrong (Deputy) on 01275 888580.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.