Customer Service Adviser
Grade 5 Salary £22,956 to £25,746per annum, with earning potential to unconsolidated rate £27,342 based on performance
Location: Sutton Civic Offices
In November 2017 the London Borough of Sutton and the Royal Borough of Kingston launched a new Shared Customer Service. Our ambition is to improve the experience of our residents contacting us online, over the phone and in person. We currently have a number of exciting opportunities for positive and customer focused individuals to join us as Customer Service Advisers based in Sutton.
Working as part of a large team, you will respond to customer enquiries online, by telephone, letter, email and face-to-face and resolve queries relating to a range of Services including Housing, Environment and People Services (including Adults and Children’s Services).
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who will make a difference to our residents by going the extra mile to solve problems, provide advice and information. You will be passionate about delivering great customer service with a “can do” attitude and ability to adapt to new systems and processes with ease. Opportunities are available for full time, part time and flexible working.
You will have :
● Strong communication skills, both oral and written are essential to the role and good IT skills. Full training will be given our IT systems.
● Excellent attention to detail, an ability to work to tight deadlines and to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
● Energy, be confident, motivated and hard-working, with the ability to work effectively in a team and build excellent working relationships with colleagues and customers.
● Committed and reliable, taking responsibility for your performance.
Benefits we offer
Sutton Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station. The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
● up to 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
● Local government pension scheme
● season loan ticket
● Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
● Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
● Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
● A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
● Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.
Before applying please refer to the role profile and ensure you meet the essential criteria. You will then need to complete the online application, adding a supporting statement addressing how you meet the criteria outlined in the person specification in the role profile
Closing date: Thursday 13 September 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 19 September 2018