Salary Grade Range: Scale 3 spine point 14 – 17
Actual Salary Range: £16,980.24 - £17,868.96 (depending on experience)
Hours of work: Part-time 32.5 hours per week
Contractual status: Permanent, Term Time Only
The Governors wish to appoint a highly efficient, flexible, friendly and reliable Teaching Assistant to join our school. As a Teaching Assistant you will be part of the school team. You will be supporting the class teacher to deliver effective lessons which raise pupil attainment. You will work with groups of children and 1:1 where necessary, encouraging independent learning as well as organising creative and educational activities. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute towards developing our successful school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will uphold and nurture the Catholic ethos of the School
- Has a mathematics and English qualification equivalent to a GCSE pass
- Is IT literate
- Has a positive and caring approach with previous experience of supporting children in a primary school setting
- Is enthusiastic, organised and can use their own initiative
- Can work collaboratively in an effective team
- Can form excellent working relationships with children, parents and other members of staff
- Has experience of working with children with special educational needs
- Has high expectations of the children's learning and behaviour
- Has some knowledge of the new national curriculum for Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- Has a commitment to their own professional development
- Has a strong commitment to raising standards across the school
- Can communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Is committed to Equal Opportunities
To apply for this post, please follow the jobs link at http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/disciplines. If you require assistance, please email Schools’ HR on email@example.com quoting job reference STJE/170.
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday 23rd September 2018
Interviews held: Within the week of Monday 24th September 2018
St John Evangelist Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure. The Westminster Diocesan Policy on Equal Opportunities will apply.