Job title: Business Support Officer (Asset/Repairs) Post: 3.141
Full time permanent
Salary: £22,567 - £26,101 per annum
Are you a pro-active, motivated and confident individual who is seeking a challenging role with good career prospects? If the answer is “yes” then we’d love hear from you and to help you ‘kick start’ your career within a busy office environment.
Guildford is a regional centre for leisure, business, education, shopping and culture set in beautiful countryside which includes the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guildford is a thriving market town and is a principal shopping destination with a vibrant night time economy. The town’s geographical location provides excellent transport links in all directions, London is just 30 minutes away on the train and the town is well served by frequent bus routes and subsidised Park and Ride facilities. All of this contributes to a quality of life that attracts many people to live, work in and visit Guildford.
What’s in it for you ?
With some 900 employees, we are a hugely diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We are eager to attract the best so we provide excellent training opportunities, including support towards professional qualifications and offer well established flexible working arrangements including the ability to vary your start and finish times and take extra flexi days (by agreement). We also offer many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount at a range of well-known high street shops and supermarkets. This role attracts a salary of £22,567 – £26,101 per annum depending on experience and an annual leave entitlement of 22 days plus bank holidays.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Receiving and dealing with enquiries from Council tenants and other service users about housing maintenance matters
- Raising repairs and inspections
- Receive enquiries from residents and contractors on all matters dealt with by the service unit.
- Updating information on properties and tenant jobs through the Council’s computerised system
- Provide support as required for other officers within the Business Support team and the Service Unit.
- Update inspection and raise repair requests in response to completed pre-inspections carried out by Maintenance Repairs Officers.
What you need to succeed in this role:
At a minimum, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A proactive approach, with strong administrative skills
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail
- A positive and friendly telephone manner
- Ideally, work experience in a customer service environment
- A flexible approach combined with a commitment to provide a quality service to our tenants
It would be great if you also have:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative
A basic DBS will be required for the successful candidate prior to appointment.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Sue Watts, Business Support Manager on 01483 444310
Closing date: 21/09/2018 Interview date: 16/10/2018