IMT Operations Engineer
Full time, 37 Hours per Week
£28,181 – £34,361 per annum
Closing date- 17 September 2018
Andover / Winchester
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, forward thinking IT Shared Service as Operations Engineer, leading on both 2nd/3rd line support and Technical projects.
The Operations Team is part of a shared IT service between Test Valley Borough Council and Winchester City Council. This is a hands on 2nd/3rd line technical support role to deliver high availability IT infrastructure, and to ensure continuous service to users by meeting or exceeding the performance indicators, as defined by service level agreements.
You will have extensive technical experience of Microsoft Server, Citrix, VMware, Email (Exchange), Storage and Backup solutions. You will advise on technical solutions and be able to describe and articulate complex ideas for others to learn. You will adhere to ITIL v3 disciplines and have excellent organisational and time management skills requiring minimal supervision.
This is an ideal opportunity for a resourceful and highly skilled individual to join a committed team in a lively environment dedicated to providing high quality services and able to work under pressure.
- 2nd/3rd Line Technical Support for any service disruption, formulating recovery plans to return to service.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checks on core infrastructure services including Citrix, VMware, Security updates, Backups, Audits and Testing.
- Work as Technical project lead on the implementation of new, and upgrade of existing solutions.
- Raise and implement Requests for Change (RFC’s) and work on specialist projects with internal teams and external contractors.
- Produce and understand high quality technical documents to provide operational lifecycle support for the complex systems.
- You will be expected to work from both Andover and Winchester. Regular travel between these two main sites and minimal travel to other locations will be required.
Test Valley Borough Council and Winchester City Council are committed to developing staff though training and promote a strong work life balance. We also offer a number of benefits including free on-site parking, generous leave entitlements, pension scheme and subsidised on-site restaurant.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Nicky Richards, Operations Manager, on 01962 848228.
Alternatively you can contact our Human Resources Team on, 01264 368106 or email email@example.com For an application form please visit our website.
COMMITTED TO EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY IN EMPLOYMENT AND SERVICES