Salary: £9,434 - £10,273
18.5 hours per week
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to work within our Housing Services team. We are looking for a candidate who is committed to providing a high quality service with a flexible approach and the ability to adapt to a changing environment. You must be able to work independently be able to drive and have access to a car.
You will be working in our customers' homes installing, configuring and maintaining Lifeline and other associated technology. You will have strong communication skills with the ability to explain basic technical information to non-technical people, providing our customers with the confidence to understand and use their equipment.
The successful candidate will be playing a very pro-active role, by promoting the Lifeline, by attending various meetings and using social media options to promote the service.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working directly with vulnerable people in housing management or similar environment
- Ability to communicate with service users across a variety of levels
- Ability to deal with sensitive and difficult people/situations
- Demonstrable keyboard & IT skills in the context of the use of business applications
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with a minimum level of supervision
- Experience of sales, marketing and promoting services
- Experience of public speaking
You will also need good mediation skills and negotiation skills and the ability to work using your own initiative and as part of a team.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Mike Parker, Housing Options Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01884 234906
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
Visit our website at: www.middevon.gov.uk for full application details, or alternatively for an application pack, please contact:
Human Resources, Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 6PP
Tel: (01884) 234331 - 24 hour recruitment line
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 September 2018 at 1 pm
POST NUMBER: HC06
VACANCY NUMBER: 67/2018