Salary: Leadership Scale (L12-14)
Start date: January 2023
Required for a January start, we have an exciting opportunity for a SENCO to join our school and make a huge contribution to transforming the learning and lives of our students.
The Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) will be responsible for ensuring the Special Educational Needs (SEN) provision is being efficiently and effectively managed. The SENCO will work with the SLT, teaching assistants, tutors, teachers and other staff to ensure the School’s curriculum and teaching and learning practices meet the individual needs of every student and the standards set down in relevant Legislation and Codes of Practice.
As a significant role in the school the SENCO will be a member of the extended Senior Leadership Team.
This would be an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and aspiring school leader.
The Windsor Boys’ School teaches students from years 9-13 and has excellent value added at GCSE and A level, being in the top 30% of schools for pupil progress. It has a national reputation for sport, music and the creative arts, and uniquely is a centre of excellence for rowing.
Teaching at The Windsor Boys’ School provides excellent opportunities for professional development and career enhancement through:
- A highly supportive and friendly working environment.
- Exceptional CPD through the trust’s teaching school alliance and our family of schools.
- A structured leadership development programme.
- Many opportunities to become involved in a huge range of curriculum enrichments, including trips abroad.
- Sixth form teaching that is combined with our partner Windsor Girls’ School.
- Good links with local businesses, universities and prestigious private schools.
- Affordable urban or country living within easy reach of the school.
- Excellent local sports and cultural facilities.
- Direct access to the centre of London.
CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form.
If you are interested in applying for this position please access the school’s website where further information can be found: www.twbs.co.uk or alternatively email Mrs Howarth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon, Thursday 13 October 2022
Windsor Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.