Senior Planning Officers - Growth Areas
Based at County Hall, Hertford (with flexible working arrangements)
Starting Salary: £34,106 pa progressing to £41,846 pa
Full Time Hours, Permanent Contract
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- £1,000 welcome payment to persons joining the County Council
- Excellent Career Development - including eligibility for Environment Career Progression scheme;
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
- Discounts on everyday shopping/holidays/entertainment/leisure along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme
- Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
- Excellent Wellbeing schemes
What the role would include:
- Meeting regularly at various locations across Hertfordshire to work closely with the Hertfordshire Planning Authorities on S106, site master planning and planning policy related work
- Engaging proactively with County Council service departments, including collating information on service requirements and drafting responses to local plan consultations
- Responding to planning applications to secure planning obligations as part of the development management process
- Maintaining the good working relationships with all of our stakeholders
- Supporting the County Council in developing S106 funding strategies, drafting Heads of Terms agreements and S106 legal agreements
What we’d like to see from the perfect candidate:
- A professional qualification or equivalent degree
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- A clear ability to manage workloads, deadlines and priorities
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- The ability to take a lead on some of our key projects
- Experience of local plans and the development management process
- Knowledge of infrastructure planning, S106 planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy
Who we are:
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority which is experiencing unprecedented levels of growth and development within the county. In order for the County Council to achieve its strategic objectives and respond to these growth challenges a new Growth and Infrastructure Unit has recently been created.
This is your chance to be part of team that is proactive, flexible, responds quickly to change and is never complacent. You’ll be taking on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
If you think you have what is required and you are ready for a challenging yet very stimulating, varied and rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Russell Monck 01992 588274.
Closing date: 01 October 2018
Interview date: 10, 11 or 12 October 2018