Team: Independent Living Team
Salary: £23,389 - £25,941 per annum - This includes periodical standby payments working out of normal working hours for which additional payments are made.
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 23rd September 2018
Interview Date: TBC
More about the role:
A number of exciting new job opportunities have become available within the Independent Living Team at Central Bedfordshire Council. Independent Living is an integral part of the wider Housing Services Team and lies within the Social Care, Health and Housing Directorate.
We are a substantial yet cohesive team, and together are responsible for delivering excellent accommodation based support to the independent living, and specialist accommodation schemes within the Council’s stock. In addition, we also provide community based housing support and are instrumental in the prevention of homelessness, enabling customers to sustain their tenancies across all tenures including private accommodation. Join our team and find your greatness, together we can work with our customers to enable them to create their own unique pathways which meet their needs, secure positive outcomes and meet their aspirations. Our customers are at the heart of our service.
We are recruiting one Level 2 post for our Specialist Accommodation services within the Independent Living Team, providing opportunities to work with and support our customers who range from aged 16 years old to end of life. We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled individuals. You should be able to communicate, advocate and negotiate effectively to produce results that enable our customers to live well independently. Housing experience is an advantage however we welcome applications from candidates with demonstrable relevant experience.
Join us and take advantage of a generous rewards package, flexible working and the chance to learn and progress. Find your greatness by helping us to deliver excellent services to the local community.
We are recruiting one Level 2 post for our Specialist Accommodation services within the Independent Living Team Core Functions
- manage and maximise income and minimise debt ensuring the continued financial viability of the Housing Service
- manage your own caseload
- promote affordability and financial inclusion for our customers
- proactively manage and sustain tenancies, by supporting tenants to engage and contribute
- support residents to develop the skills and behaviours that will help them build successful lives
- encourage interaction with the landlord, promote independence, aspiration and choice
- proactively manage and enhance the value of the environment in and around our properties to ensure that our resident’s homes, the landscape and the environment are maintained in good condition
- enable residents to live their lives free from interference or nuisance in an attractive accessible and safe place to live
- empower our customers using a person-centred approach taking account of their abilities, as well as their needs; enabling them to make informed decisions and direct their own life
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: The Recruitment Team at email@example.com or call 0300 300 8000
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: Heena Howe at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 300 4574
Central Bedfordshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records.
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in the workplace. We are a Disability Confidentemployer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline. If you do not have a CV to hand, please look on our website for a CV template that you can use to create your CV to apply for this role: http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/jobs/work-here/application.aspx