Growth & Infrastructure Officer
Based at County Hall, Hertford (with flexible working arrangements)
Starting Salary: £30,756 pa progressing to £33,136 pa
Full Time Hours, Permanent Contract
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent Career Development
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
- Discounts on everyday shopping/holidays/entertainment/leisure along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme
- Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
- Excellent Wellbeing schemes
What the role would include:
- Assist in the establishment and development of effective working relationships with all service stakeholders in matters relating to the identification of infrastructure schemes necessary to support sustainable development
- Negotiate planning obligations for the County Council, with district Councils and developers ensuring that the implications of revised development plan strategies are accurately reflected
- Support the process to develop planning policy to ensure the interests of County Council services are represented in the local plan process
- Assist in developing and maintaining monitoring systems for planning obligations
- Provide general support on planning obligations and related matters to other members of staff in Environment and Infrastructure
What we’d like to see from the perfect candidate:
- A broad knowledge of the town planning system, planning obligations and planning policy
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- A clear ability to manage workloads, deadlines and priorities
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- The ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to lead and manage complex work streams, including the preparation of project plans and monitoring of key milestones
- In depth knowledge of and expertise in use of Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project
Who we are:
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority which is experiencing unprecedented levels of growth and development within the county. In order for the County Council to achieve its strategic objectives and respond to these growth challenges a new Growth and Infrastructure Unit has recently been created.
This is your chance to be part of this new and exciting team that is proactive, flexible, responds quickly to change and is never complacent. You’ll be taking on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
If you think you have what is required and you are ready for a challenging yet very stimulating, varied and rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Russell Monck 01992588274.
Closing date: 01 October 2018
Interview date: 10, 11 or 12 October 2018