We have a new vacancy for an Administrator to support our School Admissions Team. The role will predominantly involve answering telephone calls and email queries, ensuring that parents receive accurate information and appropriate support on the process of applying for school places.
The team coordinates normal round admission for all Wokingham Borough schools, manages the in-year admissions service, and also tracks and monitors applications up to the date that children start school, as well as identifying and referring children who might be missing education. These are complex areas of work which are heavily regulated.
Experience of working within the service area of school admissions would be an advantage, however training will be provided. To be considered for this role you must:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be motivated, solution focused, innovative and able to recognise and develop the potential for doing things differently.
- Be able to interpret data and have excellent attention to detail/accuracy.
- Be able to manage and prioritise workload working under pressure to meet a deadlines.
- Have Robust IT skills including Word, Excel, Microsoft Teams and database management systems.
Hours are negotiable covering 5 days a week Monday to Friday.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Mandi Beresford, Carole Burrow or Zoe Storey on 0118 974 6000
Closing date: 11pm, 9th October 2022
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks. Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.