There has never been a more exciting time to join Wirral Council. We’ve got ambitious targets to meet and to achieve everything we have promised to our residents, we need people who are ready to deliver the very best for our communities and show how they can #BeTheDifference. Our vision is to secure the best possible future for our residents, defined by the community prosperity we create and supported by our excellent people and services. If you strive to #BeTheDifference and want to be at the heart of our change and improvement journey, then this could be the perfect job for you.
About the role:
This is a key role working within a multi-disciplinary Asset Management Team to provide a broad asset management function including landlord and tenant, compulsory purchase, valuation and surveying services relating to all land and property matters.
Some key duties daily will be:
- To assist on a broad asset management function relating to the Council's wide and varied property portfolio, and to meet the Council's strategic Asset Management objectives
- To support regeneration, housing and highways schemes including the acquisition of properties by agreement, by auction or under compulsory purchase legislation
- To advise officers and members of the public on Council property ownership and related matters
- To undertake negotiations on minor property matters with professionals, companies, tenants and members of the public
- To undertake the disposal of minor assets to deliver the Councils land and property disposals programme
- To assist with the management of the Authority's leased property portfolio, which incorporates rental assessment, negotiating new leases, lease terminations, rent reviews, sublettings and assignments, in accordance with the Landlord and Tenant Acts and RICS regulations. Further ensuring they are managed effectively and in accordance with the Council's strategic aims
About the candidate:
We are looking for someone qualified to degree standard or equivalent in an area relevant to estate management. Experience will be demonstrated in ability to plan and deliver a good service, whilst being able to communicate with a range of stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have good literacy and numeracy skills, be an excellent communicator and demonstrate an ability and commitment to customer care.
The role is ideal for anyone wanting a new opportunity and challenge or someone wanting to gain further experience and exposure working in an Asset Management Function. We are keen to support and develop new starters providing a structured induction programme and commitment to continual professional development.
This role allows for hybrid working with a mix of office and home-based work.
How to Apply
Please apply online by clicking the link below