Hours of work: Full time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
To apply for this position and request an application pack, please email: Leadership.Recruitment@eastsussex.gov.uk
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 17 October 2022
Shortlisting date: Friday 21 October 2022
Interview dates: Thursday 03 and Friday 04 November 2022
Start Date: 01 April 2023
Groombridge St Thomas CE Primary School
About the role
Headteacher (Groombridge St Thomas CE Primary School)
L15 - L21* (£59,581 - £68,347) – subject to national consultation on teachers’ pay
Number on roll: 186
Starting Date: April 2023
The Governing board invite applications for the post of Headteacher at Groombridge St Thomas VA school.
'Flourishing in the love of God we love others as ourselves'
Groombridge St Thomas is a voluntary aided Church of England primary school in the East Sussex village of Groombridge. It is a village school, with good connections and support from the local community, including parents and the church. We are looking to appoint a vibrant, enthusiastic and inspiring individual who is committed to excellence in education for all, who can provide the leadership required for an inclusive and aspirational environment with a strong Christian ethos, where children are happy, safe and thrive in everything they do, and staff are valued for their contribution to all aspects of school life.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic, outward looking, and innovative individual who will lead our school through its next phase. You will have flair and enthusiasm and the ability to inspire others through your collaborative working practice, your meticulous attention to detail and your commitment to high standards and delivering sustained improvement for all.
Our school offers:
- A welcoming and caring culture and good relationships underpinned by our school values.
- A commitment to enabling every child to achieve their personal and academic potential.
- An ethos where we value each child’s individual abilities and everyone’s contribution.
- An environment which is friendly, safe and secure, where children and adults work together within a strong family and team spirit.
- An innovative, hard-working and dedicated staff team.
- Governance that provides a balance of support and challenge, working with leadership to secure the very best quality of education at the school.
- Engaged and supportive parents with a strong, successful and active PTA.
- Excellent links with the Parish Church and the local community.
- A place where Christian values are at the heart of school development and practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- The best interests of the children, their education, safeguarding and wellbeing at the heart of all their decisions.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills combined with flair and creativity.
- The ability to build on success, lead school improvement and manage change.
- An outward, collegiate approach to collaborating with other schools and colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An understanding of strategic finances and management of budgets.
- Humility, good humour and resilience.
- Commitment to upholding and developing the Christian ethos of the school.
Please note that recruitment packs for this vacancy will only be provided directly to an individual considering applying to our school for this opportunity. This school does not enter into business with Recruitment Agencies, or other commercial organisations, on behalf of their clients seeking employment.
Prospective candidates wishing to visit our school would be warmly welcomed. Please contact the office on 01892 864305, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Please visit our website for more information: www.groombridgest-thomas.e-sussex.sch.uk
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2009.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2009 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2009 Regulations.
In accordance with the recommendations set out in Keeping Children Safe In Education (KCSIE) September 2022, the appointment panel will authorise an online search to be conducted on shortlisted candidates as part of their due diligence on short listed candidates to establish their suitability to work with children.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2009 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.