Hours of work: 38.5 hours per week.
Working pattern: Full-time, Term-time only (working for 40 weeks per year plus 6 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 07 October 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Chailey St Peter's Primary School, East Grinstead Road, North Chailey, BN8 4DB
Phone: 01825 722939
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
We are a small, friendly village school, just outside Lewes, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff and happy, motivated children. We are a strong and mutually supportive team and we are very happy to welcome new members to our team. The children, their well-being, happiness and learning are an absolute priority for us and we are committed to providing a caring and creative learning environment where all our children feel cherished, valued and included.
Would you like to be part of our friendly school team? Can you help to deliver a happy, caring and efficient administrative service to our school?
We are looking for a secretary to work term time, plus 1 week in the holidays, for 38.5 hours per week. The hours will be 8.00am to 4.15pm Monday to Friday with 30 minutes for lunch.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Be a welcoming and professional ambassador to our school at all times.
- Be the first point of call for parents, pupils and all visitors to the school.
- Be passionate about children and learning.
- Thrive in a school office environment and see this as an opportunity to demonstrate their flexibility and excellent administrative skills.
- Is committed to the security and safeguarding arrangements according to school policy.
- Provide full secretarial support to the SLT and other stakeholders.
- Be able to update and maintain school records to the highest standards.
- Be able to deliver first aid (full training will be given).
- Be excited by the prospect of planning school trips, participation in sporting events and residential trips.
- Have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Have excellent working knowledge of SIMS (or a willingness to be trained).
We are proud of our school and can offer the right candidate the opportunity to work:
- in a friendly and caring school with a strong and inclusive ethos.
- as part of a wonderful team of staff who are kind and caring.
- with a supportive and approachable leadership team who will help you to achieve your best.
- in a school that is committed to support all staff.
- in a school with happy, kind and motivated pupils.
- in an environment which will give you the opportunity to shine and share your strengths with others.
- in a school that encourages Professional Development.
Closing date - Friday 7th October 2022
Interviews - TBC
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.