About The Job
Salary: £21,269 - £25,927 (Subject to experience)
Working Pattern: Full time and part time hours available
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Horsham, Mid Sussex (Horsham) and Crawley
You will have an opportunity to progress to Assistant Care Manager - Grade 7 after completion of 12 - 24 months service at Assistant Care Manager - Grade 6 and a formal assessment by the Team Manager that evidences the ability to work at the higher grade.
There will be some requirement to work flexibly out of office hours to assist customers, carers and families, and you will be required to travel throughout the County including to locations that are not always easily accessible by public transport.
Required experience and skills
1. Ability to analyse and interpret information and prioritise needs in order to make recommendations/decisions which will have a positive outcome.
2. Ability to work independently and as part of a team, working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
3. Ability to work in a multi-agency environment to deliver a service to those people who access or need the service.
4. Ability to communicate complicated or sensitive information, both orally and in writing, to a range of audiences to achieve positive outcomes; to be able to communicate clearly with customers, reflecting the service objectives and standards.
5. Sound and accurate IT and keyboard skills.
6. Ability to recognise the limits of own accountability and responsibility, and to seek appropriate support, advice and supervision.
Qualifications and/or experience:
* GCSE English and Maths or equivalent qualification or experience operating at this level of literacy and numeracy.
* NVQ Level 3 in Care. Desirable
* Experience of providing support/working with people in a Social Care environment.
* Experience of forming effective working relationships within a multi-agency setting.
* Experience of providing advice and guidance to others.
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03303
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!