Assurance & Monitoring Manager
BioPark, Welwyn Garden City
Starting Salary: £34,106-£38,052 pa
Full Time Hours, Permanent Contract
We are looking for an experienced individual to assist the LEP Executive Team in supporting all external applicants for LEP funding.
This role will primarily support the Head of Performance and Assurance to monitor projects following approval by the LEP Board and provide support in the areas of audit and scrutiny of the LEP. It will also support effective management of the overall LEP Programme of works
The successful candidate must have a relevant degree or equivalent relevant experience in Project Management. You will need experience of working with a wide range of partners from both the private and public sectors and detailed knowledge and experience of robust project management techniques. We need someone with the ability to manage a number of different projects and priorities simultaneously
Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) is recruiting this post on behalf of Hertfordshire LEP.
Local Enterprise Partnerships were established to help lead economic regeneration in English regions. Hertfordshire LEP is one of 38 Local Enterprise Partnerships tasked by the Government to drive forward economic recovery. Thanks to its targeted and achievable Strategic Economic Plan, Hertfordshire LEP has, to date, successfully secured over £280m Government and EU funding to deliver thousands of new homes, jobs, support businesses and improve skills provision.
Core responsibilities of the Assurance and Monitoring Manager will include:
- Managing the claims process for all Growth Deal and Growing Places fund projects
- Ensuring that all projects’ outputs, outcomes and spend are captured and any deviations are reported as appropriate
- Supporting the Executive Leads in meeting applicants to keep the LEP updated on their projects
- To support the Head of Performance and Assurance in ensuring the effective project and financial management of the LEP’s key funding streams
- Assisting the Head of Performance and Assurance to highlight programming issues and propose resolutions to ensure the programme stays on track
*Flexible working arrangements
*Excellent Career Development
*Salary exchange for additional benefits
*Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
*Discounts on everyday shopping/holidays/entertainment/leisure along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme
*Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
*Excellent Wellbeing schemes
If you think you have what is required and you are ready for a challenging yet very rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
For an informal discussion please contact Andrew Lee, Head of Performance and Assurance on 01707 358742.
Closing date: 30th September 2018
Interview date: 10th October 2018