37 hours per week
- To manage a mixed tenure neighbourhood patch of properties and deliver an excellent housing management service.
- To work in partnership with relevant departments and agencies to improve the neighbourhood and manage tenancies effectively.
- To respond to enquiries raised by customers, members of the public and Councillors including complaints and reports of low level anti-social behaviour.
- To carry out pre-tenancy work including sign-ups and manage requests for tenancy assignments, successions and mutual exchanges.
- To take appropriate action on breach of tenancy issues through to court action, such as non-access, hoarding and property condition.
- To deliver a programme of estate and property inspections to ensure neighbourhoods meet an expected standard.
- Experience in resolving complex housing issues and deal confidently with conflict such as complaints or anti-social behaviour
- Experience of engaging vulnerable client groups and working professionally with colleagues and external partners to build rapport
- Up to date knowledge of housing legislation and welfare reform
- IT literate with the ability to keep accurate records
- Demonstrate that you have met performance targets and service standards for your areas of responsibility
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise workload
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential in this post.
- Be educated to GCSE level Grade C, or equivalent, in English and Maths
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload effectively showing flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrate the ability to be supportive and empathetic and remain calm under pressure
- Will need to be able to carry out visits and have own reliable transport
- Be an excellent communicator both verbally and written
For further information on the role, please see the person specification.
Closing Date: 30 September 2018.
Assessments: 4 October 2018.
Interviews: 8 October 2018.
How to Apply
About Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council