A unique opportunity to live and work in the stunning natural environment of the Falkland Islands, as a Design Technology Teacher, working within an English school system.
Our well-established and fully inclusive Secondary School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and experienced DT Teacher to start in October 2018 (or later by negotiation). The successful applicant will join a well-resourced school with a supportive staff team, small class sizes and students who are keen to learn. The DT workshop is well-equipped and resourced.
We are seeking to recruit a Design Technology Teacher who:
- is a graduate secondary teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (recognisable in UK) who has completed the statutory induction year as an NQT and has 2 or more years post NQT experience teaching DT at a good or better standard.
- is focussed on teaching and learning, helping students achieve high levels of progress in a positive and effective learning environment.
- Is able to efficiently manage support staff (technicians, LSA etc) to ensure the smooth running of the department and students receive the support they require.
We will provide:
- enthusiastic students who are keen to learn
- a stimulating and supportive working environment with a small but dedicated team
- basic salary up to £38,740
- a unique and beautiful environment to live and work
- favourable income tax rates
- 25% gratuity, payable at the end of the contract
- airfares for the post holder and dependants at the beginning and end of contract, as well as mid-contract return flights
- a relocation grant
- subsidised government accommodation to rent
- free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level and possible allowance for overseas studies thereafter
- fixed term contracts of 2 years in the first instance, with potential for extension by mutual agreement.
- A TLR may be available to candidates who demonstrate the ability take on extra cross curriculum responsibilities
Interested teachers can download the job description and further information from our online recruitment site.
School Website: https://falklandics.schoolzineplus.com
How to Apply
For more information and to apply online, please visit our new recruitment website: www.jobs.gov.fk.
Applications close at 20.00 UK time, 25 September 2018.
If you have any questions about working for the Falkland Islands Government or would like further information about applying, you can find contact details at the above link.