About The Job
Salary: £20,444 to £20,852 per annum (pro rata for part time)
Working Pattern: Full-time and Part-time opportunities available (from 20 to 37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Stanhope Lodge, Worthing
Do you want to support people to grow in confidence and a desire to develop their ability to do the things they want to?
Stanhope Lodge are looking for a passionate and highly motivated Support Worker to join their team!
We are looking for a Support Worker who:
- Has a basic understanding of the needs of the people you will be supporting and their rights as an individual.
- Have a good working knowledge of safeguarding and managing risks.
- Listen to people and treat all with respect, kindness, and dignity.
- Can demonstrate a basic understanding of people with learning disabilities, people with dementia and other cognitive impairments.
- Can raise concerns in relation to individuals through recognising verbal, physical or behavioural changes and signs.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, please take a look at the attached job description and see if you have the skills, qualifications, and experience to be a Support Worker here at Stanhope Lodge!
Experience and Skills
(These will be used as the shortlisting criteria)
- Ability to build relationships with people and ensure the views of people are heard and that their needs are met.
- Ability to organise/prioritise work, co-ordinate a variety of tasks in a clear and logical way and meet agreed deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide clear and concise specialist advice and guidance to a range of people.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills in order to interpret written material and create written reports.
- Ability to undertake any necessary financial requests for the people we support.
- Ability to assess situations and recognise the need to report situations to managers.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Minimum of 4 GCSE's including English Language and Maths or equivalent qualification or demonstrable equivalent comparable experience.
- NVQ / Diploma Level 3 in care or equivalent qualification, or willing to undertake an apprenticeship level 3 diploma - Desirable
- Relevant knowledge of systems, procedures, policies and legislation appropriate to specialist area e.g. protection of vulnerable adults, health and safety, learning disabilities, residential services etc.
- Basic Health and Safety knowledge.
- Understanding of manual handling - Desirable
- Demonstrable successful experience of working as part of a team.
- Previous experience of working in a care setting and with people who have a disability, or vulnerable people - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- Up to 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, ASOS, B&Q and many more)
- Car benefit scheme
- A range of commuting and business travel discounts and initiatives
How to apply:
Upload your CV and application form explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you explain how your skills and experience relate to the key skills listed on the job description.
. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.