About The Job
Salary: £18,887 to £19,264 per annum (£12,251 to £ 12,495 per annum, pro rata)
Working Pattern: Part-time (24 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Stanhope Lodge, Worthing
Do you want to support people to grow in confidence and a desire to develop their ability to do the things they want to?
Stanhope Lodge are looking for a passionate and highly motivated Support Worker to join their team!
We are looking for a Support Worker who:
- Has a basic understanding of the needs of the people you will be supporting and their rights as an individual.
- Have a good working knowledge of safeguarding and managing risks.
- Listen to people and treat all with respect, kindness, and dignity.
- Can demonstrate a basic understanding of people with learning disabilities, people with dementia and other cognitive impairments.
- Can raise concerns in relation to individuals through recognising verbal, physical or behavioural changes and signs.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, please take a look at the attached job description and see if you have the skills, qualifications, and experience to be a Support Worker here at Stanhope Lodge!
Experience and Skills
(These will be used as the shortlisting criteria)
- Ability to interpret information, such as service complaints, and then redirect them to the appropriate person to provide quick and accurate resolution.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide clear and concise advice and guidance to a range of people.
- Ability to deal appropriately with expressive behaviour from the people we support, and respond sensitively to their families and carers.
- Ability to build relationships with people from a wide variety of cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work as part of a team completing shared tasks in order to deliver a service to others.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills in order to record and document activities in the provider plans.
- Basic understanding of the needs of the people we support and their rights as an individual.
- Demonstrable successful experience of working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practice, First Aid and Fire procedure, Manual Handling - Desirable
- NVQ 2/Diploma in Care or equivalent qualification - Desirable
- Previous experience of working in a care setting and with people who have a disability or are vulnerable - Desirable
- Previous experience of running group activities - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, ASOS, B&Q and many more)
- Car benefit scheme
- A range of commuting and business travel discounts and initiatives
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
How to apply:
Upload your CV and application form explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you explain how your skills and experience relate to the key skills listed on the job description.
Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.