Senior Building Surveyor
Starting salary: JM4:- £46,662 per annum
Location: Based in Castlewood, Clevedon
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 03 October 2022
The Property Assets and Projects Team provides a comprehensive compliance and management service to the Council and its Directorates in respect of the Council’s various property assets to ensure that premises are properly maintained, meet all statutory requirements, satisfy occupiers’ or users’ needs or requirements and are viable and safe for both Council staff, operatives and the public.
The post holder will work under the direction of the Head of Property Assets and Projects to deliver the following:
- Provide a comprehensive building surveying service to the Council covering all types of property, with a focus on effective maintenance.
- To undertake the supervision and management of repair and renewal works to the corporate property of the Council. To assist in undertaking condition surveys of a wide variety of non-residential property. To assist in maintaining robust programmes for ensuring that property is compliant with statutory regulations
- To support the Property Assets and Projects Team in providing building survey and inspection advice in relation to the assessment of contractual liabilities, preparation of schedules of condition and dilapidations and the negotiation of claims.
- To undertake audits and inspections of property for a broad range of purposes including energy management and disability access compliance
- To undertake building surveying duties to achieve the objects set out in the job purpose in respect of the areas of work listed below, as allocated from time to time.
Must be a fully Qualified Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRCIS) and experience in the preparation and implementation of Asset Management Plans to support a fit for purpose estate.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Adam Smith, Head of Property Assets and Projects on 07385 430555.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.