Starting salary PO3: £37,650 rising in annual increments to £40,653pa including LW
Building Brighter Futures for Young People in Lambeth
There has never been a better time to work in Lambeth Youth Offending Service.
We have an exciting programme of change taking place and we want your skills and experience to help us drive forward our ambitious plans for a service that puts children, young people and families at the heart of our practice.
We call our approach ‘Building Brighter Futures’ which makes a reality of ‘child first and offender second’ as advocated in the Taylor review of youth justice.
About the job
We are looking to recruit to a number of YOS Officer vacancies within Lambeth's Youth Offending Service to work as part of a multi-agency team whose overall aim is to prevent the risk of offending and re-offending by young people.
These roles are critical in leading our work to deliver high quality practice and excellent outcomes for our young people. The role is responsible for undertaking quality assessments and Court reports as well as delivering interventions to assist young people to desist from offending and improve their life chances. You will use your skills, knowledge and experience to contribute to the development of new programmes and projects using evidence based practice.
We are looking for highly motivated, optimistic and confident professionals to join our freshly re-designed service that puts our resources where they will have the most impact.
About our offer:
- A comprehensive induction and workforce development programme designed around the ‘Building Brighter Futures’ approach to practice
- Ongoing training incorporating methods and thinking such as systemic and trauma based approaches
- Regular quality supervision and clinical supervision providing high challenge and support
- Focused leadership and management to deliver a high performing service
- A Building Brighter Futures Practice Framework that provides clear guidance for staff including streamlined and refreshed policies and procedures.
- Supportive partnership arrangements that help you deliver excellent outcomes for children and families
- Competitive salary
- Your energy and commitment to rise to the challenges faced by young people in an inner-city area
- Your willingness to embrace our approach and learn with us as we develop innovative ways of working
- Your belief in the potential of young people and families to achieve their aspirations and contribute to the development of the service
- Your skills and ideas as active contributors to achieving our objectives
Join us NOW so that together we are ‘Building Brighter Futures’ Lambeth Youth Offending Service Brochure
Closing date for receiving completed applications is Sunday 30 September 2018 at midnight
"Previous applicants need not apply"
Please download job description via this link