Salary: £56,938 - £60,258
Work Pattern: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours)
Location: Crawley/Burgess Hill (Hybrid working)
Closing Date: 05/10/22
You will lead a group of Team Managers and all staff within an assigned service. You will be responsible for a large-scale activity to meet defined performance indicators and ensuring quality in practice. This will include the performance management of the teams and the service activity and the co-ordination, planning and delivery of agreed activities and objectives.
- Ability to deliver change and continually improve practice and performance in a supportive, positive way. Post holder will be emotionally intelligent and can apply effective leadership, people management and performance management skills with the ability to provide direction, leadership and support to individuals and teams. Ability to manage self and others; be self-aware and understand the impact of work on self and others; respond constructively to situations and workload, appropriately keeping cases on target and balancing competing demands. Ability to set timescales and objectives and review effectiveness of service delivery
- Ability to make sound pragmatic problem-solving decisions, which will have a wider service impact. The ability to analyse and make judgements to tackle difficult problems of a technical, professional, resource or people related nature, including highly developed risk management skills and project management skills, with the ability to apply appropriate principles and practices to complex issues
- Sound partnership working skills including the successful co-ordination of partners to deliver objectives
- Ability to challenge existing practices and models of service delivery and identify innovative solutions that are outcome focused and co-constructed. Ability to effectively apply solution focused leadership, take a systems analysis approach and use systemic leadership techniques
- Effective research, evaluation and interpretation skills to derive conclusions and plan over the short term. The post holder will take into account changes in legislation and national policy. They will identify and influence practice improvements to meet the needs of the communities they are serving
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence the actions of others and communicate information which may be complex and contentious. Includes the ability to negotiate solutions across wide areas of the business and successfully convince others of the need to take a specific course of action
- Recognised Social Work qualification or equivalent as recognised by the relevant professional body
- Recognised post qualifying award in Social Work or demonstrable evidence of continuous professional development at a similar level
- Registration with relevant professional registration body and maintaining registration
- Recognised management qualification or demonstrable continuous professional development in this area
- Post qualification experience in dealing with significant and diverse issues
- Evidence of developing, empowering and leading teams to achieve performance improvements and service developments. Evidence of planning and management of resources and performance over the long term
- Experience of shaping and supporting initiatives in a political environment
- Valid full driving licence
Reference number for role is CAFHE04015
To apply, please follow the links below to upload your CV and Cover Letter. In your letter outline your motivations for applying and explain how you meet the key skills listed in full and experience you can bring (please refer to the key skills you will be shortlisted on this) ensuring any gaps in employment are covered in your CV.
This post is subject to SWE registration/HCPC registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.