About The Job
Salary: £20,444 to £20,852 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Bridge House, Worthing
Here at West Sussex County Council (WSCC), what we do changes lives. We're looking for a Placement and Sourcing Assistant to join our Combined and Sourcing Placement Team!
The role is based in our non-residential team supporting our customers to access appropriate and effective care and support services. You will report directly to the Placement and Sourcing Lead (or Deputy Lead) role and will deliver various administrative and purchasing functions to support the team in working with customers with care needs to source and secure non-residential services such as domiciliary care or day care.
As a Placement and Sourcing Assistant, you will develop extensive knowledge and skills around supporting the team to work effectively. You will be adaptable and well organised to take on a range of activities to respond to changing demands and pressures. You will work closely with other members of the Combined Placement and Sourcing Team as well as other teams within the Council and service providers.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, why not join us and let's make a difference to our communities together.
Experience and Skills
(These will be used as the shortlisting criteria)
- Able to input data accurately, and to collate and present data for performance and financial monitoring purposes.
- Able to organise / prioritise work, work independently, work under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Able to communicate and liaise with service providers and customers in relation to purchasing, payment issues, and data administration.
- Able to recognise the limits of your own accountability and responsibility, and to seek appropriate support and advice when required.
- Able to embrace change and adapt to changing situations and new ways of working positively and effectively.
- Able to demonstrate sound and accurate IT and keyboard skills.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- 4 GCSEs with A-C passes including Maths and English, or an equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating that level of numeracy and literacy.
- Relevant technical knowledge of procedures and practices associated with operating an administrative service.
- Experience of providing specialist advice to managers or customers, including explaining financial information or other technical information.
- Good understanding of office systems and practices related to carrying out a health or social care role.
- Some knowledge and awareness of the processes and systems associated with the management of purchasing and personal budgets - Desirable
- Experience of working in a financial environment - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, ASOS, B&Q and many more)
- Car benefit scheme
How to Apply:
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you explain how your skills and experience relate to the key skills listed on the job description.
Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.