Harlow Council is looking to recruit a Housing Accounting Technician on a permanent basis. The role reports into the Service Finance Manager and will work closely with the Business Partner Housing as we continue to develop and improve how and what we deliver.
Full details of the role and the employee specification can be found in the attached documents but in summary the position will cover the following key activities, including providing cover within the wider team –
- Cover (when required), Daily Treasury transactions, cash flow forecasting and collection fund monitoring
- Working on and assisting with month, quarter, and year end
- Cover for or assist the Business Partner Housing or the Service Finance Manager – as required
- Calculation and posting of Journals, rent, service charges to and from the HRA and General fund
- Reconciliations of Orchard, Civica and other systems and reports to the General Ledger
- Budget monitoring, reviews, and helping with producing the next budget or 30-year plan
- Capital monitoring for the Housing Service – including the HRA
- Pulling together or providing information for reporting and the auditors
- Other adhoc reporting and duties that might also be required
Ideally, we are looking for somebody with AAT level 2 (as a minimum) who has already obtained some relevant experience and is looking to develop further in their career.
Potential development opportunity
We would encourage applications from individuals who may not yet meet the minimum qualification requirement (AAT Level 2) but may have relevant experience. In these circumstances we would consider candidates who would like to express interest in this opportunity as part of a potential development opportunity.
For clarity – a development opportunity will involve starting between Grade 6 up to Grade 9 (depending on your existing skills and experience) and will also involve the creation of a specific development plan.
If you’re applying as part of a development opportunity you will also need to state this in the supporting information and also: -
- Why you want the development opportunity
- What appeals to you about the role
- Explain what skills you already have
- What your preferred learning method would be
That you have looked at and have (as a minimum) the entry requirements of either AAT or the CIPFA accountancy qualification (or one of the other recognised accountancy qualifications) and state which your preferred qualification would be and why
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Mathew Crosby, Deputy Section 151 Officer, on 01279 446225 or Richard Criddle, Service Finance Manager, on 01279 446223