Are you an experienced Payroll Manager who is looking for a challenging role? Lewisham is introducing Oracle Cloud Payroll and you will be responsible for supporting the team through the final stages of development and testing prior to going live on the new system early next year.
You will manage the day to day payroll functions for the Council and Schools
You will be customer service focused and want to drive change where needed and lead from the front
• Be the subject matter expert for all payroll questions and queries
• Manage a team of staff, including identifying training needs, recruitment, performance management, documenting processes and managing change
• Manage the processing of all payroll data
• Manage the payroll systems administration ensuring all systems and reporting functions are fit for purpose
• Actively make recommendations for improvement in processes and the system where needed
• Complete all statutory returns
• Manage all aspects of individual performance management, with a focus on customer service
• Supporting the Group Manager on all payroll activity.
Laurence House, Catford, SE6 4RU
What we’re looking for
• Have a wealth of Payroll knowledge and experience
• Be a strong communicator
• Have proven management exposure and experience
• Have high levels of attention to detail
• Have strong operational management skills
• Have Excellent Time Management
• Be a team player
• Be customer Service focussed
In return, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
£46,347 - £48,237 pa (P06)
For an informal discussion, please contact Carol Eldridge 02083146351
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
For a full job description and person specification, and to apply, please follow https://lewisham.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=RES-18-043&lang=en
Sunday 16th September 18, 11;59pm
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.