About the role
Crawley is an exciting place to work, with a vibrant town centre and excellent transport connections. We are about to move to a brand-new Town Hall so it is a great time to join us as we transition to our new state of the art offices with excellently designed spaces that will facilitate collaborative working. By joining us you can also benefit from the following:
- Agile working allowing for a combination of home and office working
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working location (once fully trained) combination of office based and home based
- Supportive work environment and great team working
We are looking to recruit a passionate and motivated individual to join our busy nuisance and anti-social behaviour team. We provide a tenure neutral service to residents of Crawley. As a caseworker you will manage a demanding caseload of anti-social behaviour cases from the initial report through to resolution.
We are looking for someone who is/has:
- A strong confident communicator with sound judgement and the ability to manage conflicting perspectives to achieve long-term sustainable solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a busy dynamic team
- Resilient with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience of working collaboratively with other partners and agencies to solve customer problems
- Flexible and open-minded in your approach to your work
- Good written communication skills
Although previous experience of working within the field of housing, anti-social behaviour, environmental health, criminal justice, or mental health would be desirable, full training will be provided to the right candidate who can demonstrate the qualities and skills required for this role.
We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible, as we may close this advert before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications are received.
Working hours 37 hour week, flexible working location - usually from home and office two days per week once fully trained.
A full current UK driving licence and use of a vehicle will be a requirement of the role.
Casual user car allowance (currently under review).
Satisfactory clearance of an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check will be a condition of employment.
In order to demonstrate your suitability for the role, please ensure your personal statement illustrates how you meet each point on the person specification. Applications that do not demonstrate this will not be considered.
We offer a generous employee benefits package, with a range of discounts, benefits and wellbeing incentives to suit everyone.
Our way of working
Our shared values and behaviours reflect the special nature of our council. We encourage all colleagues to put them into practice, whatever job they do. Take a look to see if we are the perfect match.
Crawley Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
For an informal conversation or further information regarding the role, email email@example.com or call on 01293 438488.
Interview date: 14 October 2022
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.