Based in the Sevenoaks area with office facilities at Sevenoaks District Council Offices.
We are looking for a Conservation and Access Officer to lead on the Delivery Stage of the HLF Sevenoaks Greensand Commons Project for the restoration, enhancement and community engagement of the natural and landscape heritage of the Sevenoaks Greensand Commons (SGC), responsible for the delivery of project conservation and access works.
This is an exciting, innovative project delivering a range of outcomes for the wildlife, landscape and social heritage for communities in and around Sevenoaks. You will be responsible for leading this work using both contractors and volunteers ensuring the delivery of the project on time and on budget.
The conservation work includes restoration of heathland and wood pasture habitats, and work on improving access to the commons, both physical and intellectual. A creative approach to community engagement in the widest sense will underpin this work. The ability to make and maintain productive working relationships with existing and new contacts, including volunteers and partners will be essential. Supporting the development of local Friends of Groups over the 4 years of the project is also a key objective.
You will work closely with an established, strong and supportive steering group, Sevenoaks District Council (SDC) and KWT staff, stakeholders and delivery partners. This includes skilled and enthusiastic local volunteers with a wide range of specialisms encouraging the furthering and sharing of the fantastic resources of the commons.
You: To be considered for this fantastic role, in a great team, in a fantastic setting, you MUST be able to demonstrate the following:
- A proven track record of planning and delivering conservation and access works with both contractors and volunteers.
- Proven significant relevant experience in conservation/environmental/heritage/community project work (management or development), an understanding of current nature conservation policy and thinking, and the principles of landscape ecology and an understanding of conservation land management.
- Experience of wildlife monitoring and a willingness to support volunteers in setting up survey work.
- Demonstrable experience of presentation skills, public speaking and work with the media and experience of working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Dave Hutton on 01622 662012.
Interview Date - Thursday 27th/Friday 28th September 2018
Please note interviews will be held at Sevenoaks District Council Offices, Argyle Rd, Sevenoaks TN13 1HG.
How to Apply
Please apply online (see below). If this is not possible, please contact a member of the HR team by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us on 01732 227383 to discuss how we can assist you in applying.