Are you someone who is passionate about making digital services as easy as possible to use?
We’re looking for a talented Head of Digital to join our Digital and Change Team and help improve our digital services and experience. We're taking steps to strengthen the digital services we provide and increase their use by our residents and communities. Integral to this will be an understanding of how to put customer needs at the centre of digital design and how to ensure digital services are accessible and designed to sit together intuitively across our website, CRM and other digital portals and front doors.
We’re looking for someone with a fresh approach who can help bring our digital teams together and with experience of using data and user research to deliver effective digital service transformation and communicate digital best practice across the organisation. If you are commercially-driven and socially-minded and you want to work within a strong, forward thinking like-minded team you should seriously consider joining us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Overseeing two crucial projects to replace and improve our website and CRM systems
- Leading our digital experience, adoption and development teams and helping them work more effectively together and share knowledge and insight across specialisms
- Using data, insight and iterative user testing to understand customer problems to lead the delivery of improved or new digital services which are easy to use
- Helping drive understanding of digital best practice across our organisation and articulating where our digital products can help deliver or support service delivery
- Helping drive digital adoption across our Borough in partnership with our partners (including community and voluntary groups) and enabling feedback from our partners to further improve digital service provision
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Experience helping transform organisations digitally
- Ability to oversee multiple digital projects and ensure any project interdependencies are identified and progressed effectively
- A proven track record of leading the design of high quality digital services focusing on user needs
- Ability to function as a self-starter with strong communication skills, able to communicate recommendations, clearly, concisely and compellingly to senior stakeholders and the wider business
- Adaptability, flexibility and able to multi task
- Commitment to continuous development of their craft and pro-active engagement with best practice digital thinking and horizon scanning
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Please contact email@example.com for further queries.
Closing date: 11pm, 30th September 2022
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.