Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only
(As the position is part-time and term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 03 October 2022, 9 am
Interview date: Wednesday 12 October 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Stafford Junior School
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
TEACHING ASSISTANT (LEVEL 2) – (Stafford Junior School)
32.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
Term Time Only (incl INSET days)
Single Status 3 - Salary Range Point 7 - £18,887 pro-rata
Actual Salary - £14,269
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 9am Monday 3 October 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 12 October 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
The Cavendish Education Trust would like to appoint an inspirational Teaching Assistant who can inspire and motivate pupils to be the very best that they can be?
We are part of the Cavendish Education Trust and this is an exciting time to join the team and influence our journey. Stafford Junior School is a large 3 form entry school with a lovely school building, fantastic grounds and a great team. We are part of the Roselands & Stafford Federation which has been in place since September 2015.
The role will support Quality First teaching, deliver targeted interventions, support classroom management, and provide occasional cover. During the children's lunchtime, the post holder will be required to lead play and other activities, manage behaviour and support pupils in the playground across lunchtimes.
The successful applicants will have good interpersonal skills and a calm approach to working with children and with other adults, as well as an enthusiasm for working in schools. We are looking for someone who is cheerful, reliable, flexible and hard working.
We are looking for
- someone who is kind, empathetic and builds self esteem
- a commitment to developing the whole child, both personally and academically
- strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to foster good professional relationships very quickly with pupils and families
- someone who understands how children learn
- someone who is determined and resilient, calm under pressure and with high expectations of themselves
- creativity and the ability to think differently to inspire children to learn
- someone with a positive approach to behaviour, firm and fair and rigorous in following up positively
- integrity, tenacity and enthusiasm to fulfil the role
We are offering you:
- an ambitious and challenging place to work with children and staff who deserve the very best;
- a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our pupils;
- high quality support and CPD to ensure you are successful
- a school which invests in developing the whole child and is committed to developing opportunities in STEM, music, art, the Connected Curriculum and Forest Schools
- a commitment to staff wellbeing - developing empowered staff who feel valued and know that they make a difference;
- a newly refurbished learning environment;
- the opportunity to work in partnership with the Cavendish Education Trust.
Our children deserve the very best. If you offer creativity and imagination with the ability to motivate, challenge and inspire pupils; combining professional integrity with high expectations of yourself and others, we would love to hear from you.
Please download the application form and further details from our website.
https://www.cavendishtrust.co.uk/vacancies - under Stafford Junior School
We look forward to receiving your application by e-mail, for the attention of Mrs Angela Hayden, HR Manager / PA to the Headteacher. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all those who work with us to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-check-applicant-criminal-record. We give high priority to promoting diversity throughout the school.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.