We are seeking two full time Senior Enablement Workers
Salary - (Scale 5) £25,578 - £27,966
36 hours per week
Working Monday to Friday and one weekend in 4.
Shifts allocated will include:
10:00 – 18:00; 09.30 – 17:30 and 12noon - 20:00 on a rolling rota basis
The Enablement Service is provided for people aged 18 and over who have been assessed as needing assistance to manage their daily living activities. The aim of the service is to enable adults to live as independently as possible through short-term support that focuses on regaining or retaining the skills necessary for daily living and to reduce the need for ongoing care provision. Care support is provided for people who have temporary or long-term physical and mental health conditions.
The key role of the Senior Enablement Worker is to visit adults in their own homes to establish and arrange their Support Plan and complete risk assessments prior to the start of care provision. Other tasks include responding to urgent situations for people who are already receiving the service, setting up Medicine Administration Recording forms and providing personal care.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual who can contribute to the delivery of innovative services. You will need to demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to work unsocial hours including weekends and evenings, along with experience and knowledge of supporting vulnerable adults.
You will need excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with health and social care professionals, service users, families and carers.
This is a mobile working role using an electronic tablet.
You must have a full driving licence and access to your own car for work.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on 27th September 2022
Interview dates: tbc
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Cinzia Percival on 0208 132 0346 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Sarah Mushaninga on Sarah.Mushaninga@enfield.gov.uk or 020 8132 0565 or Paula Lovelock on Paula.Lovelock@enfield.gov.uk or 020 8132 2584 or EnablementService@Enfield.gov.uk for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.