About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Business Support Officer to work in our North East Business Support Team based in Kingston to provide support to the managers and teams across a wide range of services.
As a Business Support Officer Level 1 for Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for:
- Working alongside the Early Help teams in data collection for the EWO service and the administration of transfer meetings
- Supporting team members by co-ordinating information received and maintain accurately and up to date client records on various case management systems.
- Providing financial support for all teams including making payments, processing and raising invoices, petty cash management, staff travel expenses, spend card allocation and budget monitoring.
- Assisting to produce high quality minutes – sometimes for very confidential meetings, deal with internal and external customers, diary management, meeting arrangements and room bookings.
This is a fantastic role in a lively and supportive team.
We have been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
To be a Business Support Officer Level 1 for Achieving for Children, you will be passionate about making a positive difference the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points:
- Experience of working in a business support capacity providing administrative support
- Experience forming good working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Experience of accurately recording and inputting information within agreed timescales.
- Experience of using a wide range of MS Office packages, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of collating statistical information
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. Our learning and development offer was highlighted as a key strength by the judging panel when they named us Social Work Employer of the Year in 2016.
Benefit of working for Achieving for Children
As a social enterprise owned by three local authorities (Kingston, Richmond and Windsor & Maidenhead), we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government. We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
The successful candidate will have access to:
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
- Tools and models to support practice, including Signs of Safety
- Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
You will find out more about our organisation athttps://www.achievingforchildren.org.uk