Trust Business Manager/Chief Financial Officer
Alexandra Academy Trust currently comprises two academies, Monks Coppenhall Academy, a large 3 form entry primary and Haslington Primary Academy a 1.5 form entry primary. Both academies have onsite nurseries and cater for an age range of 2-11years. Pupil numbers in each academy are increasing due to the increase of housing within the local area. Monks Coppenhall Academy also operates a 7 place Resource Provision for children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH).
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, the Trustees are seeking to appoint a full-time outstanding Trust Business Manager/Chief Financial Officer with considerable senior experience in the education and/or public sector. The successful applicant will have a successful track record of strategic management and leadership of financial operations and performance, within an educational setting. The post holder will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and be an important member of the Trust Leadership Team. This is a rare and exciting opportunity in our Trust and we hope that you will share our enthusiasm for the challenges ahead. The successful candidate will enjoy high levels of job satisfaction as they will play a fundamental role in leading the management of resources which support our children to learn and achieve. Delivering operational rigour and high-level direction, the Trust Business Manager/ CFO will play an integral role in supporting the growth and development of the Alexandra Academy Trust and ensure it continues to be financially sustainable.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated person with financial expertise, who will have strategic responsibility for all aspects of Trust finance including HR and Payroll, Procurement and Contracts, Buildings, GDPR, Administration and overseeing Health and Safety.
This role will suit an experienced Academy Business Manager or highly experienced Finance Officer with a business management qualification. Experience of successfully leading others will be necessary.
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience of managing finance, and will hold a relevant financial management/business management certificate
- Hold the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA), CIMA, ACCA or be willing to work towards
- Possess a secure understanding / experience of the ISBL Professional Standards
- Have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Want to work in conjunction with the CEO/Executive Principal, Principals, Senior Leaders and the Trust Board to secure high standards of achievement and progress for every child within the Trust
- Manage a varied and interesting workload; the ability to think strategically, show initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines whilst maintaining professionalism is key
In return, we offer:
- Amazing children who deserve the best and rise to every challenge
- A dedicated, welcoming, highly motivated staff team committed to the children within our academies
- A strong commitment to professional development
- A supportive Trust Board and Local Governor Boards who value the work of staff within each academy
Potential applicants are warmly encouraged to visit the academy on Wednesday 28th September or Wednesday 5th October 2022. Please contact Zoe Holloway in the academy office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to meet the CEO/Executive Principal, Mrs Pamela Simpson.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Alexandra Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Application forms should be returned via email to: email@example.com or post to
Mrs Z Holloway, HR Officer
Alexandra Academy Trust
Closing Date: Midday Wednesday 12th October 2022
Shortlisting: Friday 14th October 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 19th October 2022
Proposed Start Date: Tuesday 3rd January 2023
Contract Term: Permanent (37 hours per week - 52 weeks per year)
Salary: commensurate with experience and qualifications
Salary range £41,441 - £55,204 (pay award pending)