Grade 9 £46,638- £50,700pa (plus Market Supplement £4000)
Children’s Social Care in Havering is a fast improving service, innovating within the sector and has a clear vision on what are and how we achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and families.
We are on an upward journey to deliver outstanding support to people who need our services and our staff. We are achieving this in a range of ways;
- Delivery of accredited systemic practice across the whole workforce within the Social Care department. This is delivered in partnership with the Institute of Family Therapy.
- ‘Obsessions’ where we focus on particular areas to strengthen them with our current focus on Assessments.
- Strong partnerships across the UK, developing new tools and exchanging ideas.
- A Social Care Academy which defines the support and offer to all social care staff.
- Several staff forum allowing the workforce across all of Children’s Services the chance to engage with their areas and senior management.
For more information, to see how our services are setup and to see our vision, please visit www.socialworkhavering.com.
About the Job
The primary purpose of the role is to:
- Directly manage and supervise a small number of qualified and non-social work staff.
- Manage a caseload of complex and challenging cases.
- Support team manager in maintaining and developing high professional standards across the team.
- Have specialist knowledge of an area of social work practice with children and families that can be used across the service. To represent the service in developing key service provision or local strategic initiatives.
- Take responsibility for developing skills, expertise and knowledge for a wide range of practice issues and to provide consultation, coaching and mentoring within the team, including effective case management, purposeful evidence-based interventions, analytical assessments and high quality written work.
- Support team development and recruitment process.
You will be able to contribute to the delivery of an effective children’s social care service as part of a social work team, improving outcomes for children and young people.
You will be able to manage caseloads and complexity of cases, utilising specialist knowledge for appropriate interventions, needs and risk assessments, care planning and child protection investigations.
You will be able to carry out high quality assessments, using child-centred, community focused, and multi-agency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships and to secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
You will ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Havering LSCB and departmental policy and procedures and relevant legislation.
Please view Job Profile here
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 5/10/2022, interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interviews will be scheduled for soon after the closing date.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770
We want everyone to choose Havering. When you apply for a job with us, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. Our residents and service users come from all walks of life, and so do our employees. Find out what it means to Choose Havering.
The London Borough of Havering has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
We practice anonymised recruitment. Please ensure that you remove all personal information from any documents that you upload.