At the North West Academies Trust our ethos is, ‘To open children’s eyes to the wonderful world of possibility.’ We are looking to recruit a Chief Financial Officer, who will buy into our ethos and will work with our schools, dedicated to delivering the outcomes our pupils deserve.
We are first and foremost educators, our Headteachers are not expected to be experts in everything. Within the central trust team, are individuals with specialist core knowledge who work collaboratively with our schools. We are looking for a CFO to join the team, from whom our Headteachers can draw financial expertise, affording them the time to work with their staff to enlighten the pupil's.
As a not-for-profit charitable organisation, you will need to understand the importance of compliance and the rigour that sits within the academy's handbook. You will need to be proactive, seeking out opportunities for income generation, and using the economies of scale that comes with a growing Trust to make money go further.
Therefore, are you the person who would enjoy the chance to grow with us? You will need to innovate our existing financial practices to ensure compliance in a regulated environment and appreciate the relationship between sound financial management and school improvement.
Working closely with the CEO of NWAT, you will be integral to delivering the Trust's strategic financial objectives. You will need a varied financial background for this position, preferrable with good financial qualifications, and a willingness to learn.
Leadership and management
- Use ACCESS (school specific accounting package) to deliver a robust accounting and financial management system in compliance with all recognised accounting and charity standards and the Academies Accounting Handbook
- Influence, encourage and stimulate optimum financial performance across the whole organisation
- Provide strategic recommendations and support to the CEO
- Strive to improve accounting practices, efficiency, productivity and innovation
- Drive financial change and income generation
Strategic financial support
- Provide comprehensive financial management and strategy for the short, medium and long terms
- Plan strategic oversight as part of annual budgeting setting process to promote efficiency and secure the delivery of the Trust’s objectives
- Use financial data to identify financial risks and rewards to challenge and contribute to decision-making
- Establish and develop relationships with Headteachers and Trustees and provide them with strategic financial support
The North West Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects its entire staff to share this commitment. All staff are trained in child protection and are subject to satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks (DBS). The North West Academies Trust is an equal opportunities employer.