Salary: £20,444 to £20,852
Working Pattern: Full time and Part time available (Full time 37 hours)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Crawley, Bognor Regis and East Preston
Closing Date: 29/09/2022
Working to ensure that supervised contact is a warm and supportive experience is at the forefront of our actions. As a team we strive to meet the expectations of the Social Workers and the Courts and provide evidence to help determine the outcome of permanency for children.
This role requires flexible working and travel to support the needs of families as this may not always fit into traditional working hours in areas in that not always easily accessible.
A good understanding of the needs of children and those looked after, and their families who access the service is also required. Working with vulnerable children and their families can be challenging at times. You will be able to manage the emotional demands that this may place on you during your work.
Experience and Skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to attend and contribute to planning meetings
- Strong customer focus with the ability to provide a professional service to meet customer's needs, responding sensitively and flexibly, and maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to organise and present information clearly, concisely and accurately, both verbally and in written/electronic form, and organising and prioritising your work in a clear and logical way to meet agreed deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly across the county, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to work professionally, to reflect on your own practice and learn from experience, taking responsibility for you own performance and being proactive in relation to your own work and professional development
- NVQ level 3 in childcare, play work, family support or related area and/or relevant experience working with parents, carers and children
- A valid full driving license is preferable
- Experience of working with children and families
- Experience of working within family support, early years family centre or child health sector
- Sound and accurate IT knowledge
Rewards and Benefits
We know that without you we would not be able to provide our services and we strive to ensure that you are rewarded and recognised for the dedication and commitment you make in this role. In addition to 24 days holiday as an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03882
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!