About Hobbs Field:
Hobbs Field is a friendly and approachable residential setting for adults who have learning disabilities and autism. The service can support up to 14 people. The service is made up of two detached houses situated in a residential area of Horsham where the team encourage adults in their care to live a full life where they are at the centre of having choice and control over their everyday lives.
About The Job
Salary: £26,446 to £29,174 per annum (£13,223 to £14,587 per annum, pro rata)
Working Pattern: Part-time (18.5 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Hobbs Field, Horsham
Are you a leader who can direct, guide, and inspire?
We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated Senior Support Worker to join their team!
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker who:
- Has a good understanding of people with learning disabilities, people with dementia
and other cognitive impairments, adults with physical and sensory impairments.
- Support with the day-to-day management of the service assuming responsibility for areas of work.
- Provide supervision, direction and co-ordination of training and development of
- Provide active support and enable people in all aspects of their personal and physical care.
- Listen to people and treat all with respect, kindness, and dignity.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, please take a look at the attached job description and see if you have the skills, qualifications, and experience to be a Senior Support Worker here at Hammonds!
Experience and Skills
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills in order to order monitor budgets and document activities in care plans.
- Ability to organise / prioritise work, co-ordinate a variety of tasks in a clear and logical way and meet agreed deadlines which minimise the disruption to the business.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a range of people and create effective working relationships. Ability to build relationships with people and ensure the views of service users are heard and that their needs are met.
- Effective people and performance management skills and the ability to provide direction and motivate and inspire the team.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to seek and introduce continuous improvement and innovation, for self and team. Ability to maintain a sympathetic and understanding attitude whilst dealing with challenging behaviour from service users and/or their families.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve issues independently, planning solutions and make sound pragmatic decisions.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs, including English Language and Maths, or equivalent qualification or demonstrable equivalent comparable experience.
- NVQ 3 in Care or equivalent qualification or demonstrable equivalent comparable experience.
- NVQ 4 in Management or equivalent qualification - Desirable
- Relevant organisational knowledge of systems, procedures and policies in specialist area e.g. protection of vulnerable adults, health and safety etc.
- Knowledge of a wide range of disability issues and the needs of older people.
- Significant experience of working with adults who have a wide range of disabilities.
- Experience of involving service users and carers in planning, developing and evaluating services.
- Experience of working with people from a wide variety of cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, ASOS, B&Q and many more)
- Car benefit scheme
- A range of commuting and business travel discounts and initiatives
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.