Provide ongoing support to the development of social work education and continuous professional development across Children’s Social Care.
• To assist in the co-ordination and development of the Newly Qualified Social Workers national programme during social workers’ first year of practice: providing regular professional reflective supervision, identified support and interventions directly to staff.
• Support the Practice Development Manager on the Continuous Professional Development offer to all qualified and unqualified staff and offer support for professional progression of qualified staff
• Support the Practice Development Manager in providing long-arm support to Practice Educators who do not have the qualification or experience to supervise students independently and where necessary undertake the role of practice educator directly.
• Support the Practice Development Manager in the role of training, mentoring, and assessing all staff undertaking the Practice Educator training and support them as Practice Educators once qualified
• Support the implementation of the social work reform agenda.
• Keep up to date with good practice guidance, research, current legislation, Government initiatives and local policies and procedures and ensure that any, with implications for current practice or social work education, are disseminated across the Service.
Make proactive use of supervision to extend effective practice, reflection and career development and to meet the objectives of Professional Development Reviews.
• Support the Practice Development Manager to identify suitable training opportunities and any gaps in current provision.
• Support the Practice Development Manager in leading the co-ordination and facilitation of the Social Work Forum and other training events to develop learning and engagement with frontline practitioners.
• Support the Practice Development Manager in leading the editing, production, and distribution of the bi-monthly continuous professional development newsletter.
• Undertake additional assigned projects in liaison with line manager, ensuring that agreed outcomes are delivered on time, within budget and to the expected standard.