The Adult Safeguarding Enquiries Team is a small specialist county wide team, working entirely on safeguarding that is linked to service providers. This includes residential and nursing home providers, domestic care, supported living providers and health care providers and working with all adult customer groups.
The team focuses on S42 enquiries for individuals and any wider organisational factors. We lead and co-ordinate multiagency work with providers of concern where there are significant safeguarding concerns and / or a wider public interest / possible risk to others.
The team is currently working mostly from home with 1-2 days a month expectation to be in the office. Visits are county wide and as required.
About The Job
Salary: £33,486 - £36,361 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time 37 hours
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: The team is currently working mostly from home with 1-2 days a month expectation to be in the office. Visits are county wide and as required.
Interview Date: 7th October 2022
We are looking for people who are resilient, have a good knowledge of adult safeguarding, who can engage with people and work collaboratively and flexibly to achieve solutions that improve and sustain lives and care services.
Working as a Social Worker in the Enquiry Team, your role will involve undertaking safeguarding enquiries and help develop safeguarding plans working with adults from 18 years and upwards with physical disabilities, acquired brain injuries, chronic health conditions, older people and people with dementia. You'll also review the effectiveness of safeguarding plans for both individuals and service providers.
You will need to be confident in assessing risk and be an effective communicator as you will be working with members of the public and professionals from different disciplines.
Experience and Skills
- Theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of social work, with up-to-date working knowledge of legislation relevant to the specialist area of the post e.g. The Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act.
- Good understanding of the necessity of working with partnership agencies including health, housing, learning, statutory, voluntary and independent sector.
- Able to use own initiative where appropriate, in a context of good support and supervision.
- Organise own workload and respond independently to unexpected problems and situations - (With support of line manager for advice and guidance on serious problems).
- Able to support people who access or need the service and / or subject matter which may place emotional demands on the individual.
- Able to deal with challenging behaviour from people who access or need the service.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Degree in social work or equivalent qualification e.g. Certificate of Qualification in Social Work or Diploma in Social Work.
- Appropriately registered with Social Work England and responsibility for maintaining registration.
- Valid, full driving licence with ability to travel throughout the County with own transport.
Rewards and Benefits
Rewards and Benifits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working options.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE04020 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Dee Scrivens, Team Manager on 03302 228 174. For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.