Ready for the challenge?
Lewisham Borough is a buzz of creativity with a strong sense of community spirit. It is a dynamic and forward thinking Borough with strong Social Care Teams, compromising competent and focused staff. We recruit exceptional staff as we know that they are the key to what we do. We work hard to promote a happy team, who in turn provide the vulnerable adults in our area a fantastic service.
You will be responsible for assessing clients who are visually impaired or deafblind, in their own homes, supervising the Rehabilitation Officers within the team, managing the day to day running of the team and designing/delivering training to clients and the wider MDT
You will be a making a contribution towards a multi discipline approach, within the Integrated Neighbourhoods, as well as working in partnership with our colleagues in Enablement, Safeguarding, Quality Assurance, Continuing Healthcare and Adults with Learning Disabilities.
What can we offer you?
• Lewisham offers the variety, diversity and complexity that few other boroughs can match.
• We fully value that our staff are central to the development of our service. Your voice will be heard.
• Reduced caseloads so you can give your best to the vulnerable adults you are working with. We know this works.
• Streamlined process which allows for improved efficiency and reduces duplication.
• Good IT. We are using a new Shared Service with our Brent Council colleagues that is working excellently.
• Strong Learning & Development opportunities and your own focused development plan. We want you to grow in our organisation and contribute to the development of others.
• Regular, strong and reflective supervision; supporting you to progress and reach your potential within our organisation.
What we're looking for
A qualified Rehabilitation Worker who has:
• Experience working with, and providing support to, people with a visual impairment or are deaf/blind, and their carers.
• Knowledge of a range of disabilities, their effect on all the aspects of a person’s life and the implications of environment and social barriers for people with disabilities.
• An ability to work on own initiative and organise own workload.
• Excellent communication skills and effective negotiating skills.
• Experience of supervising staff.
• A flexible and adaptable approach to work and being a team member.
• Has a Dip HE (Visual Impairment Rehabilitation) or a Cert in Rehabilitation
If this is what you are looking for, Lewisham could be the place for you to come to practice.
In return, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
Laurence House, Catford Road, London, SE6 4RU.
We’re only 15 minutes from central London by train - and it’s quick and easy to get around the borough on public transport.
£38 766 - £40 653pa (PO3)
For an informal discussion please contact Sarah Isherwood, Operational Manager on 020 8314 8125.
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The post is subject to a DBS.
For a full job description and person specification, and to apply, please follow this link https://lewisham.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=COM-18-021&lang=en
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.
Sunday, 28th October 2018, 11:59pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 6th November 2018