Want to help people who Rough Sleep access the support and homes they need?
We are looking for a positive and solution focused individual to join our Team as a Senior Practitioner. You will be managing a team supporting people who Rough Sleep or who are at risk of repeat rough sleeping to access the help they need.
This role will provide the day-to-day operational oversight and coordination of the Council responses for Rough Sleepers for BCP Council. You will work within a dedicated multi-disciplinary team including Adult Social Care, Health, Communities, and the Voluntary Sector.
If you can:
- Help to motivate and co-ordinate appropriate agency response and support resources
- Communicate effectively with clients, face to face and over the phone to maximise engagement and positive housing and support outcomes.
- Manage a varied workload and be able to juggle ever changing priorities.
- Co-ordinate the operational approach with relevant departments and agencies including Housing, Adults Social Care and third sector organisations.
- Work in partnership with relevant agencies to ensure that we offer holistic support for clients to access and maintain accommodation.
- Understand the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and proactively work to resettle people preventing homelessness.
- Supervise staff in the team
- Participate and lead in key operational meetings
- Introduce procedures and guidance to all stakeholders as required to respond to operational demands
Then we want to hear from you!
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Person Specification for more details.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Becki Parsons on 01202 12336.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.