About The Job
Salary: £20,444 - £20,852 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week) Monday to Friday
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: County Hall, Chichester with hybrid working
West Sussex County Council needs you! We're looking for a Administrator to join our Systems and Information Team based in Adults' Services.
As a Administrator, you will:
- Support with several administrative functions, ranging from note taking and distribution of leaflets to teams and offices, through to data maintenance and inputting and amending information on IT systems.
- Process large volumes of data which includes customer sensitive and financial information.
- Work from spreadsheets and other systems to update information held in the customer records management system (Mosaic).
- Be part of a supportive team with strong leadership.
- Process information accurately, perform financial calculations and use your initiative to resolve data issues.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, why not join us and let's make a difference to our communities together.
How to Apply: Please ensure that you explain how your skills and experience relate to the key skills listed on the job description attached. Along with required qualifications, this will be used as shortlisting criteria. Failure to complete the application process correctly may result in your application not being shortlisted.
Experience and Skills
- The ability to embrace change and adapt to changing situations and new ways of working positively and effectively. Including the ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Good numeracy skills in order to work with figures and make sound and accurate financial calculations, working methodically.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to analyse specialist information and draw practical conclusions and appropriate actions with an understanding of relevant policies and procedures.
- Clear and effective written communication skills to process standard letters, to write non-standard correspondence and respond to emails appropriately.
- Good verbal communication skills for communicating with managers and team members. Including the ability to provide clear and concise specialist advice and guidance to a range of staff and to communicate varied technical information appropriately and accurately and in ways to best promote understanding.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- 4 GCSEs with A-C (grades 9-4) passes, including Maths and English, or equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating that level of numeracy and literacy.
- Relevant technical knowledge of procedures and practices associated with operating an administrative service.
- Sound and accurate overall IT knowledge including Microsoft Office.
- Some knowledge and awareness of the processes and systems associated with working within the service specialism. Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, ASOS, B&Q and many more)
- Car benefit scheme
- A range of commuting and business travel discounts and initiatives
How to apply:
upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you explain how your skills and experience relate to the key skills listed on the job description.
Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.