Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first. London’s second largest borough employs a team of thousands, who work tirelessly to ensure that we uphold our promise to residents. To be part of this team join the apprenticeship programme.
About the Apprenticeship
Step on the Career Ladder
Become an Apprentice - Get In, Go Far!
AtHillingdon, we recognise there are many paths to starting a career in thepublic sector and we are eager to develop and guide you through to the nextlevel.
Our programme invites you to bring your unique skills and abilities to our organisation, and promises to challenge you.
Hillingdon apprenticeships are a great way to continue your education but within a workplace environment, perfect for school or college leavers or people returning to work. You might have some work experience, or none at all.Apprentices will receive on-the-job training in a variety of disciplines, including customer service, finance and communications, gaining the experience and technical skills required to stand out from the crowd. The best part is seeing your work make a real difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic candidates for our Revenuesand Benefits Apprenticeship programme.
An equivalent or higher level qualification in the same professional area (Benefits) cannot be held
You will be on a starting salary of £11,967 in the first year, with the potential to progress to £13,297 in the second year (or minimum wage for your age if it is higher).
We are looking for fresh talent from all walks of life who can flourish with us here at Hillingdon.
For more information, please see attachments.
If you’re ready to make your next move, apply now!
We offer a range of company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include: • Local government average salary pension scheme
• Free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
• A 36 hour week for all full-time staff
• Generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years service. For more senior positions, holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
• Career breaks
• Flexible working hours
• Season ticket loan
• Access to a credit union
• On-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
• Access to a wide range of training and courses
• Discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the council
• Payment of professional fees where these are required
• Discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pool at Hillingdon (Uxbridge, Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
• Cycle purchase scheme
• Car sharing scheme
• 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy