BHCC and Varndean High School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking ICT Technician apprentice to join the IT support team at Varndean High School. The team supports a user-base of over 1000, providing Windows clients and a mixed Windows/Linux backend.
We are looking for an individual to join our team:
- Learn to follow instructions to install and upgrade client/server applications.
- Learn to plan and implement changes to elements of the ICT service e.g. plan the physical layout and cabling.
- Learn to perform a wide range of hardware repairs and upgrades.
- Learn to detect, analyse and resolve most PC, printer and peripheral device faults.
- Learn to produce reports from a support log to provide basic management information
- Learn to assist school Managers to define an appropriate service level and support arrangements
- Learn to record and document all aspects of hardware and software related incidents.
- Areas of learning will include but not be limited to undertaking support and maintenance tasks of the following areas. Windows Server and Client devices - Linux Servers - Interactive Audio and Video display systems -switching equipment, Manage small projects to a successful outcome.
In return we can offer you:
- A welcoming, friendly school with happy, confident children who enjoy learning.
- Caring and committed staff.
- A dynamic team willing to train and assist you in your career.
You can apply for this role online. Download the job details at the bottom of the advert which includes the person specification and job description. You will need this to complete the application. As you go through the application, it will explain what information you need to provide and why and there are also some shortlising questions to complete. Don’t forget, please read the guidance notes to help you put across your experience, skills and abilities necessary for the job you apply for.
About the role
- The successful candidate will complete an ICT Support Technician Pathway Level 3 Apprenticeship. This will include Functional Skills in Maths and English if these qualifications or equivalent have not previously been achieved
- Information Communications Technician -Support Technician Route
- The Apprenticeship will be delivered by QA Training. The delivery will consist of on line workshops, delivered by blocks of learning and one to one delivery from a personal coach. The apprentice will the apply the knowledge skills and behaviors in the workplace enabling the apprentice to complete a portfolio of evidence ready for end point assessment. The apprenticeship duration is upto 21 months including 3 months End Point Assessment
See what the council School Apprentices think
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
In order to apply for an apprenticeship, you must have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years on the first day of the apprenticeship (or this includes EEA for UK or EEA Nationals with pre-settled or Settled Status) or have some other residency eligibility status. Please see Annex A of the latest employer funding rules: Apprenticeship funding rules - GOV.UK for a full list of residency categories and locations
If you are resident through a visa, leave to remain or other means please confirm type and that any expiry date covers the duration of the apprenticeship once it is due to start. Those on a student visa or non-UK/non EEA nationals who have been here in the last three years for other educational purposes may not be eligible. For further information regarding apprenticeship eligibility please see Annex A of the latest employer funding rules: Apprenticeship funding rules - GOV.UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.