About The Job
Salary: £48,180 to £51,613 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: County Hall North, Horsham
About Adult Care Point 2 (ACP2): The ACP2 (Adult Care Point 2) are a multi-disciplinary team including Occupational Therapists and Social Workers. The team is the access point to Adult Social Care in West Sussex and their key role is to undertake an initial telephone Care Act (2014) Assessment.
A new and exciting opportunity for an effective leader to join our Adult Care Point 2 team as a Team Manager. This is your chance to join a team which displays passion and commitment ensuring the best possible outcome for those it supports!
As a Team Manager, you will:
- Work as part of a strong and dynamic social work service with clear professional leadership.
- Have direct line management responsibility for a team of staff consisting of Social Workers and Assistant Care Managers.
- Excel at partnership working and will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong multi-disciplinary relationships within and outside our organisation
- Be supported by a strong and supportive management team, who work together to deliver a high-performing service while being passionate about social work values and best practice.
- Promote and support equality and diversity and respect anyone working for or in contact with West Sussex County Council (WSCC).
- Contribute to the development and shaping of our future team.
- You will build and maintain relationships and influence activities including working across and outside of the organisation.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, why not join us and let's make a difference to our communities together!
Experience and Skills
(These will be used as the shortlisting criteria)
- Ability to make sound, pragmatic, problem-solving decisions including tackling difficult problems of a technical, professional, resource or people-related nature.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence actions by others and negotiate effective business solutions.
- Research and knowledge management skills; able to apply project management principles and practices.
- Leadership, effective people management and performance management skills and the ability to provide direction and support to individuals and teams during complex situations.
- Ability to challenge existing practices and identify innovative strength-based solutions within the required frameworks.
- Sound and accurate IT skills for general office duties, producing reports and undertaking research.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Post graduate professional qualification relevant to the professional service specialism (such as CQSW/CSS/DipSW or BA/MA in Social Work or equivalent and PQSW).
- Significant and broad experience demonstrating applied application of the above levels of knowledge in a relevant setting.
- Relevant chartered status of a professional body or equivalent high-level experience of involved practices.
- Registration with Social Work England and responsibility for maintaining registration.
- Significant post-qualification experience in dealing with diverse issues.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering or co-ordinating a quality customer-focussed service to others.
- Experience of managing and leading staff.
- Experience of managing a small budget and/or contributing to financially related decisions on larger spends.
- Experience of supporting initiatives in a political environment. Desirable.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 29 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, ASOS, B&Q and many more)
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to Social Worker England registration and/or HCPC registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.