Business Support Officer Post 12.006
Permanent, full time
Salary £21,175-£23,383 per annum
Are you a pro-active, motivated and confident individual who is seeking a challenging role with good career prospects? If the answer is “yes” then we’d love to hear from you and help you ‘kick start’ your career within a busy office environment.
Guildford is a regional centre for leisure, business, education, shopping and culture set in beautiful countryside, which includes the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guildford is a thriving market town and is a principal shopping destination with a vibrant night time economy. The town’s geographical location provides excellent transport links in all directions, London is just 30 minutes away on the train and the town is well served by frequent bus routes and subsidised Park and Ride facilities. All of this contributes to a quality of life that attracts many people to live, work in and visit Guildford.
What’s in it for you ?
With some 900 employees, we are a hugely diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We are eager to attract the best so we provide excellent training opportunities, including support towards professional qualifications and offer well established flexible working arrangements including the ability to vary your start and finish times, work from home and take extra flexi days (by agreement). We also offer many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount off a range of well known high street shops and supermarkets. This role attracts a salary of £21,175 - £23,383 per annum and an annual leave entitlement of 22 days plus bank holidays.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Process and administer a variety of licence applications – including Taxis, Licensing Act, Gambling Act, Animals and more
- Answer phone and email enquiries regarding licensing applications
- Maintain and update the licensing databases
- Provide support as required for other officers within the business support team and within the Health and Community Care Service
What you need to succeed in this role:
At a minimum, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A proactive approach, with strong administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people at all levels.
- Conscientious attitude with excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Be able to multi task and plan & prioritise work effectively
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Strong IT skills including intermediate levels of Word & Excel
It would be great if you also have:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative.
A basic Disclosure Scotland check is required for the successful applicant prior to appointment.
Recent previous applicants need not apply.
For more details or an informal chat about the role, please contact Lisa Barrett on 01483 444398.
Closing date: Tuesday 18th September 2018 @ Midday
Interview Date: Friday 28th September 2018